Thursday 29 October 2015

A person that admires


Today, I’m going to talk about a person that admires: Simone Lucie Ernestine Marie Bertrand de Beauvoir, better known as Simone de Beauvoir. She was a French intellectual, political activist and social theorist. But the most important, an incredible feminist. I knew her in the school, because I had a teacher that loves her. But I really read and admire her on the university, when I took part in a feminist group in FACSO, calls Tacones de Matthei.

She wrote a lot of novels, biographies, text on philosophy, politics and social issues. The most important is The second sex, an excellent analysis of women's oppression and an important contribution for feminism. She is also known for had an open relationship with Sartre

Well she is dead, but If would ask her something, I probably ask her how we confront the patriarchal system in a century that woman had humans right on the paper but not in the real life. In a world where woman are doubly exploited: in the work (with low salaries) and in the house (doing housework free).


If I had more time to talk with her I also would like to ask her about the relationship with Sartre! How is practice polygamy, and what she thought when Sartre told her that she was a necessary love, but he needs a contingent loves too.



1 comment:

  1. The gender inequalities stay here still, but the great thinkers helped us to understand that problem. She's a great woman, I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete