Thursday 12 November 2015

Henri Matisse

    


Hi! Well I know I said I would write about cats, but I change my opinion. Today I’m going to talk about art, specifically about a painter that I love: Matisse. Henri Émile Benoît Matisse was an important French painter. He used the color like no other! He was one of the principal represents of Fauvism, a pictorial movement characterized by the use of strong colors, not necessarily inspired on the reality.

My mom is a painter too, so I grow up between canvas, paint, paint brush and books of art. That’s why for me art is so important and I decided write about it. I love Matisse because I think he painted the beautiful and essential of the nature. Even he said: “A work of art must be harmonious in its entirety: any superfluous detail would replace some other essential detail in the mind of the spectator”. So the nature is the inspiration, but good art is not about doing a copy of nature, we have to put something of us in our productions.


I think Matisse do this in an exceptional way! Saving the best of the nature and mixing it with their own sensing. Added to this, he had a natural ability for proportions and to do a fluid line even when he wasn’t yet a professional painter. Well to be precise, he was also sculptor, draftsman, and in their last years because of his sickness he couldn’t paint so he did amazing collage.



   

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I agree, the way to use the color its amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He it´s a really great painter, his art it´s very interesting. I love Gustav Klimt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He it´s a really great painter, his art it´s very interesting. I love Gustav Klimt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He does combine colors beautifully. I don't know why I stopped looking at his work a long time ago. .mmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Matisse! he is an excellent artist! and also he's one of the pioneers of the technique of collage,in fact, he helped to make famous this technique in the world. regards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, your post is good but you should put more attention to the tenses.
    Check in my post.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete