Thursday 10 September 2015

September 11, a dark day






When I think in September 11 at 1973 I feel sad about the history of my country. In my opinion, that day represent the end of a beatiful dream of a different society. Also I feel a lot of impotence because I can't do anything to change all that happened in this black period. Some people think like that is outdated , even resentful, I'm absolutely desagree with that opinion. Our laws, institutions and culture are embuid of the dictatorship period. The dictatorship in Chile, was not only  the end of the "Unidad popular", it was a counter revolution that destroyed the near past.

While the state of Chile doesn't make justice, is not only important remember that day, is our responsability, for all the people that was killed, rape, tortured only for think different. We can see how others countries deal with that. In Europe, for example, no one try to forget the holocaust, quite the opposite, they felt the obligation to remember this tragedy. That is a way to try never do this again. In Chile the victims are forgotten and the murders free or in a special jails, like Punta Peuco (before Penal Cordillera). All that I can say is: shame on us!

About the different ways to express discomfort in that day, I'm agree. I think is a right that it was deny since dictatorship period until today. Obviously, break traffic light doesn't help to change the world, but I understand all the angry that a lot of people feel because "the hapiness never came". The cause of the problem is that we still live in a society founded in the fear of those days, make up of democracy. The change should be political, there is no other way.



6 comments:

  1. Good, i agree your opinion, greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can make a different society yet!
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, in Europe never forget all the extermination happened in the holocaust , but here in Chile exist a people who expected to all the Chilean citizens forget the violation of human rights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe is not the end of a beautiful dream of a different society, maybe we need to fight, but in different ways, i hope someday make the different. Cheers !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The justice will prevail!! nice comment.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too makes me very sad to remember everything that happened that day and also impotence... :(

    ReplyDelete